The teaching of English and Mathematics takes place each day. Other essential learning areas of Science, Social Studies, Technology, Physical Education and the Arts are programmed throughout the term. Te Reo Maori is implemented as an integral part of the programme.
Our Commitment to the Tiriti o Waitangi
At Pukete School we acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi, and believe we should:
· Encourage an acceptance of other cultures and their differences
· Value each other’s heritage, culture and people
· Reflect the nature of biculturalism in classroom activities
· Develop links with our marae
· Seek to offer a range of options to parents of learners who ask for instruction in Te Reo Maori by growing and developing our Te Reo Maori teaching